Where We Play is back! The third entry of the various outdoor courts the Entourage boys use to hone their skills showcases THE streetball mecca of S’pore: CCAB Stadium courts @ Evans Road.
Why Play here?
Simple, everyone does. At some point in the year every player in Singapore heads to Evans road to ball. And for those close to the Bukit Timah area, it’s homecourt.
- Near regulation-height rims
- 3 fullcourts
- Current FIBA markings on the court
- Flood lighting on till 10 pm, 7 days a week
- Mr. Prata indian restaurant across the street
- Busy after 6pm
- Public transportation nearby (MRT, Bus)
- Courts bookable online for reasonable fees
- Running track, tennis courts, rugby field adjacent
- Enterprising street vendors selling chilled drinks(!)
- Concrete surface, punishing on shoes and gear
- Exposed during daytime: no shade
- Equipment usage: torn nets, bent rims, splintered backboards: slow upkeep by management
- Large player groups, playing full-court: hard to play multiple matches
- Uneven level of play: from utter beginners to semi-pros
- Bookings for volleyball (courts 1&2) and organised Basketball (all courts) limit availability