Where We Play is back! The third entry of the various outdoor courts the Entourage boys use to hone their skills showcases THE streetball mecca of S’pore: CCAB Stadium courts @ Evans Road. Continue reading WWP #3: CCAB-Stadium courts, Evans Road
The second entry into the players’ favourite courts around Singapore is brought to you by the team’s veteran and site administrator.
Block 38, Cambridge Road
Why Play here?
“It’s a 10 min bike ride from home. Nestled in a residential neighbourhood with greenery (and the CTE) close by. Teammate Tolga told me about this court and it has become my main shootaround spot.”
- Good regulation height rims
- Lighting on till 10 pm, 7 days a week
- Foodpark and Supermarket across the street
- Quiet during the day
- Full-court games from 6pm on
- Friendly players, fastbreaking style bball
- Dusty concrete surface, punishing on shoes and balls
- Nets tear regularly (players improvise and fix with clips though)
- Large player groups, playing full-court: hard to use 1 basket at peak times
- Dog droppings on the edges of the court/fence at times
The city state of Singapore populated by 5.2 million people and boasting tight living conditions has a highly diverse Basketball infrastructure in place.
In this ongoing segment called “Where We Play”, the 2015/2016 players of Entourage BBall Inc. introduce their favourite courts and facilities around the Island. Enjoy.
Teban Gardens Rd, Block 44.
Why play here? Daniel explains.
“I play here the most because i live nearby. The court has sligthly lower rims with plexi glass backboards and night lighting. I also made new friends here when i moved into the neighbourhood.”
- Decent competition level
- Full court games nearly always available
- Convenience stores nearby.
- Post-game hunger? Zi Char (Chinese cuisine) stores nearby, open till 11 pm (Ever the local foodie, Dani recommends the XO fish head meat Bee Hoon at Blk 39 🙂
- Court surface gets dirty at times; sandy surroundings
- Occasional lull in activity
More “Where We Play” entries to follow. Stay tuned.